Blinkie

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas in Heaven

          As many of you know, we lost my sweet little Nana, Faith LaPointe on October 28th. We miss her dearly, and we will continue to struggle with our loss. She has left us with a wonderful legacy, though. She lead us quietly and with great strength, and showed us all what it means to be a Christian, and truly live a life of faith.
          Today I joined my Mom and my Aunt Judy as they went through some of Nana's special belongings. I was very honoured to receive one of her Bibles, and as I leafed through it, I found the following, which some of you may have read before:

My First Christmas in Heaven


I see countless Christmas trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's starts reflecting on the snow.


The sights are so spectacular, please wipe away the tear; 
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.


I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.


I have no words to tell you that joy their voices bring
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.


I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
But I'm not so far away--we really aren't apart.


So be happy for me dear ones, you know I hold you dear
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus this year.


I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above
I send you each a memory of my undying love.


After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.


Please love and keep each other as my Heavenly Father said to do;
For I can't count the blessing of love He has for each of you.


So have a Merry Christmas, wipe away that tear
Remember I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.


(Author Unknown)

As we keep saying, Nana was so excited to get to Heaven. Even though we all miss her so much, I know this will be her best Christmas yet. I'm so happy for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment