Blinkie

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What brings a little sparkle into your life?

So, here I am...I told myself I would never have a blog. I thought blogging was kind of silly (and I guess I kind of still do!) For one thing, who would want to hear about me?? And for another, I don't really like talking about myself anyway.
And then there's the question of, "What in the heck am I supposed to name a blog??" I pondered this for a little while. Then I thought of a little "slogan" I came up with to label the jewelry I make when I give it away or sell it..."a Little Sparkle." It's a good phrase to sum up my life and myself. Anyone who knows me well knows that I love things that sparkle...not to the point of me wearing blinding sparkles everyday like a Vegas showgirl...no. But if I put on just "a little sparkle", like a pair of earrings, it really gives me a boost.
There are so many things, though, besides jewelry that can give us a little sparkle in our lives: people, feelings, knowing that we have helped someone in some small (or big) way. I have a Christmas decoration that says, "We can't all be shining starts, but we can twinkle a little." I've always liked that thought. Even though I might not be an all-powerful executive, I know that I twinkle, sparkle, at my job as an Activity Director. I can feel it each and every time I make one of my residents smile. That smile, to me, is a real example of "a little sparkle" in my life. 
How are you going to add a little sparkle into someone's life today? I'm going to go make some people smile...and maybe put on a pair of earrings ;)

8 comments:

  1. Wow Jana! I have always thought blogs were kind of silly too....and I actually don't think I have ever even read anyones blog until today when I read yours. What a great thought you put in my mind today.I think you are going to be a fantastic blogger!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! It's kind of a fun outlet for people's thoughts, I suppose. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janarella,
    Someone with your gift for writing should definitely be a 'blogger,' though we have to come up with a much more sparkly name for it than that! :)
    It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add how much I love what you wrote about twinkling a little ... but you absolutely add more than just a little sparkle to the lives of those who know you and love you!
    I still haven't come up with a good, sparkly word for 'blogger'.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the blog begins! I am pleased you,ve started this because it means I dont feel so out of the loop in your day to day life, that pleases me. Also, whats this about you making jewellery, I did not know this! I want some, an anklet please..... with spakles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true - you add sparkle to everyone who knows you :) blog+twinkle=blinkle so you much be a blinkler lol

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jana Banana, your fans are awaiting a new post, dont disappoint us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Banana! When are we getting a new post? I know everyone wants to know whats going on as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete